On the weekend of Feb 6th and 7th, The Hive Dalston will open its 4 floors of social space to host re:generation – a ground-breaking grassroots festival showcasing what can happen when we get together for the common good.
What began in December with a conversation about a suitable community venue for a free paint job, has snowballed into an unprecedented experiment in community collaboration.
A stellar cast of social enterprises, local businesses and volunteers, grouped into 12 themed teams, have created a diverse and original program of activities for the benefit of the community, featuring:
– The building of a new recording studio and painting of the community gallery (re:space)
– Live performances – from spoken word to jazz, and an open call to perform (re:live)
– Herb growing workshops (re:grow)
– Arts and crafts workshops, and creative speakers (re:create)
– Bike clinics, electrical repairs, give/take fair (re:start)
– A community art exhibition on the subject of collective action (re:present)
– A community discussion forum also on collective action, hosted within the art exhibition (re:imagine)
– Matchmaking between community organisations (re:connect)
– A community jog, and yoga class (re:fresh)
– Cooking and cocktail classes, a cake competition, and more with food waste (re:fuel)
Tune in to a special festival preview on Resonance FM this Friday 29th from 8-9pm… especially if you’re looking to get your artistic talents on stage, on the walls, on air or online.
We’ll be broadcasting the event in many ways including on East London Radio from the new radio station, so everyone can be involved, with the full program and registration details to be available soon.
Put your helmets on…