Sunday 18th 10am-4pm
In this kirtan workshop you will:
• Expand your knowledge of how to harmonise the emotional/spiritual being through the ancient/contemporary practice of chanting, dance and music.
• Experience the different styles and rhythms of kirtan from India and the west.
• De stress your life by listening to and singing kirtan melodies that have uplifting properties
• Listen to narratives of people who have been practicing kirtan for generations, their stories of healing, rejuvenation and transformation.
• Exchange kirtans with others, including guitar methods and drum rhythms.
This workshop is given by Dr. Jyoshna La Trobe, an international workshop leader, who has travelled worldwide to share her experiences and knowledge of kirtan, studying with masters from eastern India (Rarh). She is accompanied by Kavita Neumannova who plays Indian khol drum and percussion.